Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Diva


After leaving work last night, I was talking with the girls that are Savannah's teachers and they made a funny comment that got me thinking about her personality. She said that she is very opinionated and she has this way about her that is very grown up, almost diva like. Which I agree, I just never really looked at it like that. She is down right sassy, she knows what she wants and who she wants to be around and she is pretty set in her ways. Yesterday, they said she was sharing her prized possession - her blankie - with a little boy her age, and both seemed happy holding the blankie together, however the moment he started to put it in his mouth Savannah ripped it out and gave him a dirty look. I know this is true because most people have seen this look - the one when she looks you up and down and seems to be saying "oh no you did not!" She is just such a funny little person with such a big personality already. I know that anyone who know my wonderful husband understands where she gets this personality - from him. With both of them you have to give them space and wait for them to come to you, don't get in there space. They are also extremely picky about who they allow into their world, they need to be in control of the situation and think it is their idea. It is funny because with both of them people are kind of puzzled about their personalities and I think many wonder if they are ever happy, but it is amazing when you get them alone or at home in their element with no outside pressure - they are so amazing and funny and great to be around. I get a little sad that other people cannot see how great Savannah and her Daddy are but the most important part to me is that I know and that we are such a happy family and I am so lucky for both of them!! 

2 comments:

Nicci said...

LOL! Thats so funny! I could not help but laugh! She is a sassy little thing but she's so awesome...she's precious and she's her and thats all that matters!

Kari Sanchez said...

That is so cute, I'm sure it won't be so 'cute' in her teens, but like Nicci said she is who she is and if she's like her Daddy she will grow into a strong yet sweet girl.